Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Beat the Streets Detroit! We look forward to having you join our team, but first there are some administrative matters which must be taken care of before you begin:
- All volunteers must submit to a background check. The check is conducted by the Reference Company at no cost to you. To get started with the background check please click on the following link and input all of the requested information and make sure to click “submit” at the bottom of the page: https://www.referencecompany.com/form/index.php?site=bst
- Additionally, volunteers must complete both the online VIRTUS “Protecting All Children” and The National Alliance for Youth Sports (NAYS) Concussion Modules – both at no cost to you.
- To complete the VIRTUS Training you must first obtain a VIRTUS username and password. To do so, email Pat Neal (email@example.com) with subject line: BTSD User Request, and cc BTSD Operations Director Mindy Herrmann (firstname.lastname@example.org). Once your username and password have been set up (your user name will be your email address and the initial password will be “virtus,” you will be notified that you can begin and complete the training. Once completed (the training takes about 1/2 of an hour), print and save the Completion Certificate and send to Mindy Herrmann (email@example.com)
- To complete the NAYS Concussion Training Module, click on this link: http://www.nays.org/additional-training/signup/ And choose your role as a “coach” for “concussion training” and “volunteer sports organization with a single sport” and our organization is called “Beat the Streets Detroit.” Once you have completed the concussion training module (which takes about 15 minutes), make sure to print and save the Completion Certificate and send to Mindy Herrmann (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Email Mindy Herrmann at email@example.com for any questions or concerns that you have.
Patton Park Location